Pathway membership offers resources designed to help you increase your community as you work toward your CFP® designation and toward obtaining a job as a fee-only financial planner.
- NAPFA Engage: Network with other members using the member directory; use the discussion forum to post questions, receive answers and stay on top of the issues facing fee-only professionals
- Mentor Engage: Search for people whose experience and expertise match areas in which you’d like to be mentored. Likewise, mentors can search for and connect with mentees
- NAPFA Advisor magazine: Read articles about practical observations, real estate, practice profiles, tax updates and more
- What’s New at NAPFA: Receive monthly updates and resources via NAPFA’s e-newsletter
- NAPFA events: Register at a reduced rate for in-person conferences to network with NAPFA members and to learn about hot topics impacting the fee-only world
- NAPFA Member Discount Programs: Get discounts on products and services appropriate for a fee-only advisor
- NAPFA Study Groups: Join a local NAPFA group and mentor with peers in your area
- MIX Groups: Start a group based on a business problem or around a specific interest with a small group of advisors
You must agree to follow the NAPFA Fiduciary Oath and be working toward your CFP® certification. You must not yet be employed by a financial planning firm.
Pathway member may only remain in this category for one year. After that period, they must upgrade to a NAPFA Associate or NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor.
The applicant must have passed the CFP® exam. A Pathway member does not have to meet an experience requirement.
Annual dues: $249 plus a one time non-refundable processing fee of $75.
To apply for membership: Your first step towards becoming a NAPFA member is to become a registered user of the NAPFA website (create an account here). Once you have a NAPFA username and password, you can log into the site and begin the application.
Please note, the Pathway membership category is designed to be a one-year membership. Upon your renewal, NAPFA will ask that you upgrade to an Associate or NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor.
Questions about NAPFA membership or the application process? E-mail email@example.com