NAPFA Mentoring Programs
NAPFA is offering two mentoring programs in 2023.
Women’s Initiative Mentoring Program
The goal of the Women’s Initiative Mentorship Program is to provide women a structured opportunity to accelerate personal and professional development through a mentor/mentee relationship with a female NAPFA member.
The mentorship program focuses on pairing advisors, paraplanners, and associates with experienced NAPFA members as mentors who may have had a similar set of professional and personal experiences or goals. The program will take place from May-October.
Download the program flyer here.
Program Interactions Include:
- Friday April 21 at 1:00 PM ET: Virtual Kickoff to welcome mentors and mentees including introductions and icebreakers, overview of the program, and best practices.
- Optional Opportunity to meet in-person at the NAPFA Spring 2023 National Conference
- Monthly meetings with mentor/mentee
- Thursday, June 15 at 1:00 PM ET: Virtual Mentor Networking Event
- Thursday, June 23 at 1:00 PM ET: Virtual Mentee Networking Event
- Friday, October 13 at 1:00 PM ET: Virtual Celebration and Signoff to recap the program and provide opportunity for feedback
- Optional Opportunity to meet in-person at the NAPFA Fall 2023 National Conference
Mentors and mentees will be selected by the Women's Initiative Mentoring Committee. View examples of mentors and mentees here.
DEI Mentoring Program
The goal of the DEI Initiative Mentoring Program is to provide underrepresented members in NAPFA a structured opportunity to advance in their careers with the help of a mentor/mentee relationship.
- To create a welcoming environment for NAPFA members from under-represented populations to foster professional relationships
- To maintain a supportive space where NAPFA members can share challenges and strategies to address those obstacles within a mentoring framework
- To help NAPFA members improve the financial planning profession through our community while embracing our differences throughout the process
- Connecting members based on the differences that ultimately make us stronger, to create a more inclusive and diverse profession
- To empower and encourage NAPFA members to strive for excellence
The deadline to apply for these programs is March 31, 2023. If you have any questions about either program, please contact Nikki Palluzzi.