NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor membership offers resources designed to help you increase your access to clients and build enduring businesses.
- NAPFA Engage: Network with other members using the member directory; use the discussion forum to post questions, receive answers and stay on top of the issues facing fee-only professionals
- Mentor Engage: Search for people whose experience and expertise match areas in which you’d like to be mentored. Likewise, mentors can search for and connect with mentees
- FeeOnlyNetwork.com: Create a free profile on this exclusive online showcase of registered financial advisors; your profile helps drive traffic to your website and promotes your NAPFA affiliation
- Find An Advisor: Complete your NAPFA member profile and the information will immediately be added to this consumer search platform, where consumers enter their location and needs and are driven to members like you
- FiGuide.com: Contribute your original content and import NAPFA’s member-run, consumer-focused blog automatically via RSS feed to your website as a free client resource
- Logos and Downloads: Use the “NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor” logo to reinforce that you meet the highest standards in the financial planning profession; refresh your website and print materials with other NAPFA logos featuring the “Power of Trust” brand
- NAPFA Press Requests: Requests from industry reporters at the most prestigious outlets are sent directly to you to be interviewed and quoted as an industry expert
- NAPFA Advisor magazine: Read articles about practical observations, real estate, practice profiles, tax updates and more
- What’s New at NAPFA: Receive monthly updates and resources via NAPFA’s e-newsletter
- NAPFA events: Register at a reduced rate for in-person conferences to network with NAPFA members and to learn about hot topics impacting the fee-only world
- NAPFA Member Discount Programs: Get discounts on products and services appropriate for a fee-only advisor
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited institution.
- Applicant must have a CFP® certification.
- Applicant must sign the NAPFA Fiduciary Oath.
- Once approved for membership, the applicant must earn 60 continuing education credits every two years.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to take a comprehensive approach to financial planning by either submitting a sample comprehensive financial plan or participating in a peer review dialogue with a third party Plan/Peer Reviewer. All submissions will be reviewed using either NAPFA's Plan Review Checklist or Peer Review Checklist.
Annual Dues: $695 plus a one time non-refundable processing fee of $150 ($75 if there is at least one NAPFA member in the firm). To add your website link to your NAPFA's Find an Advisor listing, there is a one time $125 fee. To apply for membership: Your first step towards becoming a NAPFA member is to become a registered user of the NAPFA website (create an account here). Once you have a NAPFA username and password, you can log into the site and begin the application. Questions about NAPFA membership or the application process? E-mail email@example.com