NAPFA Associate membership offers resources designed to help you increase your access to clients and build enduring businesses.
- NAPFA Engage: Network with other members using the online member directory; use the discussion forum to post questions, receive answers and stay on top of the issues facing fee-only professionals
- Mentor Engage: Search for people whose experience and expertise match areas in which you’d like to be mentored. Likewise, mentors can search for and connect with mentees.
- Logos and Downloads: Use the “NAPFA Associate” logo and “Fee-Only” logo to reinforce that you meet the highest standards in the financial planning profession; refresh your website and print materials with other NAPFA logos featuring the “Power of Trust” brand
- NAPFA Events: Register at a reduced rate for in-person conferences to network with NAPFA members and to learn about hot topics impacting the fee-only world
- NAPFA Advisor magazine: Read articles about practical observations, real estate, practice profiles, tax updates and more
- What’s New at NAPFA: Receive monthly updates and resources via NAPFA’s e-newsletter
- Member Discount Programs: Get discounts on products and services appropriate for a Fee-Only Advisor
- FiGuide.com: Contribute your original content and import NAPFA’s member-run, consumer-focused blog automatically via RSS feed to your website as a free public resource
Applicant must be a Fee-Only professional in a financial services or related industry (e.g. CPA, CFA or Attorney) that is not otherwise eligible for any category of NAPFA membership. Applicant must agree to be bound by the NAPFA Code of Ethics, Fiduciary Oath and Standards of Membership and Affiliation. If the applicant is a Registered Investment Advisor, they must include disclosure of Form ADV. To apply for membership: Your first step towards becoming a NAPFA members is to become a registered user of the NAPFA website (create an account here). Once you have a NAPFA username and password, you can log into the site and begin the application.
Annual Dues: $445 plus a one-time processing fee of $100 (processing fee may be waived if there is already at least one NAPFA member with the firm). Questions about NAPFA membership or the application process? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.