The Retired Member category is open to existing NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisors who no longer play an active role in comprehensive financial planning services to clients but would like to maintain their professional relationships and camaraderie within the NAPFA community.
- NAPFA Engage: Network with other members using the member directory; use the discussion forum to post questions, receive answers and stay on top of the issues facing fee-only professionals
- Mentor Engage: Search for people whose experience and expertise match areas in which you’d like to be mentored. Likewise, mentors can search for and connect with mentees.
- NAPFA Advisor Magazine: Read articles about practical observations, real estate, practice profiles, tax updates and more
- What’s New at NAPFA: Receive monthly updates and resources via NAPFA’s e-newsletter
- NAPFA Events: Register at a reduced rate for in-person conferences to network with NAPFA members and to learn about hot topics impacting the fee-only world
Applicant must have been in good standing for at least five years, with a minimum of five years as a NAPFA Associate or a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor, and no longer have an active ADV.
Applicant must agree to be bound by the NAPFA Code of Ethics, Fiduciary Oath and Standards of Membership and Affiliation.
Note: Retired Members do not have a continuing education requirement and no longer participate in the (Find An Advisor) Consumer Referral or Media Request programs.
Annual Dues: $200
To apply for membership:
Please contact the NAPFA membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your membership category to Retired Member.