Academic Affiliate membership offers you insight into the trends and hot topics impacting the growing world of Fee-Only comprehensive financial planning firms. Use NAPFA’s resources and tools to support your curriculum.
- NAPFA Engage: Network with other members using the online member directory; use the discussion forum to post questions, receive answers and stay on top of the issues facing fee-only professionals
- Mentor Engage: Search for people whose experience and expertise match areas in which you’d like to be mentored or would like to mentor others.
- NAPFA Events: Register at a reduced rate for in-person conferences to network with NAPFA members and to learn about hot topics impacting the fee-only world
- NAPFA Advisor magazine: Read articles about practical observations, real estate, practice profiles, tax updates and more
- What’s New at NAPFA: Receive monthly updates and resources via NAPFA’s e-newsletter
- NAPFA Member Discount Programs: Get discounts on products and services appropriate for a Fee-Only Advisor
- FiGuide.com: Use NAPFA’s member-run, consumer-focused blog as a classroom resource
Applicant must be a faculty member in a financial planning program at an accredited institution of higher learning, and cannot be under employment with a commission-earning firm. Full and part-time professors and instructors leading formal in-person and/or online classes may apply. Educators who are also employed by a financial services firm must include Form ADV Part II must meet the NAPFA definition of Fee-Only. Academic Affiliates must not imply NAPFA membership.
Annual Dues: $200 (Complimentary for CFP Program Directors)
To apply for membership: Your first step towards becoming a NAPFA member is to become a registered user of the NAPFA website (create an account here). Once you have a NAPFA username and password, you can log into the site and begin the application.
Questions about NAPFA membership or the application process? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.