Ethics CE: CFP® Board's Revised Code and Standards
This two-hour presentation meets the ethics CE requirement for CFP® certificants. In addition to the latest update to CFP® Board's Code and Standards, this presentation covers CFP® Board's fiduciary standard, the new rules for managing conflicts of interest and the new reporting rules for the disciplinary process.
- Understand the structure and content of the revised Code and Standards, including significant changes from prior rules
- Describe CFP Board’s Fiduciary Duty
- Identify Material Conflicts of Interest and How to Avoid, or Fully Disclose, Obtain Informed Consent, and Manage Them
- Understand the Duty to Report to CFP Board and the Duty to Cooperate
- Identify the Practice Standards When Providing Financial Advice that Requires Financial Planning or Financial Planning.
- Understand the Duty to Provide Information to Clients When Providing Financial Advice and/or Financial Planning.