Event Health & Safety Agreement
I acknowledge and agree that I am attending the event voluntarily and at my own risk, and that I release and waive any claim I might have against NAPFA and its officers, directors, employees, and agents for any and all liability or responsibility for any illness, damages, or injury whatsoever that I may incur in connection with my attendance at the Event, including, without limitation, as a result of exposure to COVID-19 or the manner in which the Event is conducted.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists when attending any in-person gatherings or events. Guests attend this event at their own risk as to such exposure.
Event Code of Conduct
NAPFA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all event participants. All participants including but not limited to attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, staff, and service providers, are expected to abide by the following Events Code of Conduct. This code applies to all NAPFA related events including virtual meetings and those sponsored by other organizations held in conjunction with NAPFA events, either in public or private facilities. In addition, NAPFA members must adhere to the NAPFA Code of Ethics.
- Treat others with respect, inclusivity, and consideration, recognizing that this event is a place for diversity of views and opinions.
- Communicate openly with respect for others and avoid personal attacks.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and others. Alert event staff if you notice harassment or any discriminatory, aggressive, or exclusionary behavior or speech as soon as possible.
- Respect the rules and policies of the meeting venue, hotel, NAPFA contracted facility, or any other associated venue or site.
- Wear your event name badge at all times.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form is not tolerated.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, staff, service provider, or other meeting guest will not be tolerated. (Examples of unacceptable behavior include but are not limited to verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, and national origin; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations; and threatening or stalking any person.)
- Disruption of sessions, in the solutions exchange or at other events organized by NAPFA at the venue, hotel, NAPFA contracted facility, or other associated venue or site, is not allowed.
- Knowingly violating copyright, or copying presenter information without obtaining written permission, if necessary, is not allowed.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Anyone requested to cease unacceptable behavior by a NAPFA staff member is expected to comply immediately. NAPFA will not tolerate such behavior and reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary and appropriate in its sole discretion, including expulsion from the event without warning or refund, exclusion from future events, and other consequences allowed under organizational policy.
REPORTING UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please contact any member of the NAPFA staff. On-site team members wear name badges and are located at the registration desk, or you may also contact email@example.com if you are on-site or attending virtually.
NAPFA reserves the right to modify or revise this policy at any time with or without notice. In the event of an emergency, please contact local authorities immediately.
CONDUCT REQUIREMENTS DURING COVID-19
NAPFA is committed to continuously providing a safe and healthy environment for all event participants and staff. In addition to the NAPFA Events Code of Conduct, all participants are expected to adhere to and abide by the safety precautions implemented to protect against the spread of COVID-19 such as social distancing, mask wearing, personal hygiene and hand sanitization, adherence to pathway signage, self-monitoring, and self-reporting. These precautions are outlined in further detail in the registration email to participants. As with the Code of Conduct, refusal to adhere to these policies and abide by these precautions may result in immediate removal from the event and cancellation of the registration, without receiving a refund.