NAPFA Fall 2022 National Conference
Student Ambassador Program
NAPFA’s Conference Student Ambassador program was designed to give students from CFP® Registered Programs insight into the fee-only financial planning profession. NAPFA conferences are an opportunity to meet other fee-only financial advisors, hear from expert speakers, and meet other students. As Student Ambassadors, participants will assist NAPFA staff in registration and session management, as well as any other conference activities as necessary.
Student Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Scan attendee badges outside of session rooms to track attendance for CE credit
- Provide directions to attendees
- Assist at registration desk by checking in attendees, handing out badges, and answering attendee questions
- Assist with making announcements in the Solutions Exchange
- Wear business professional attire and conduct oneself in a professional manner throughout the conference
- Attend student volunteer reception
Student Ambassador Benefits:
- Complimentary registration to NAPFA conference
- Ability to attend educational sessions and networking events
- Networking reception with NAPFA volunteers
- Be a current undergraduate student enrolled in a CFP Board Registered Program
- Complete the Student Ambassador application
- Have the support of your Program Director
- Attend Zoom meeting prior to attending the conference to review details
- Arrive on Thursday, October 20 for a mandatory training/orientation session
- Attend the full conference from Thursday, October 20 - Saturday, October 22
The application period for the Denver Conference (October 20 - 22, 2022) opens on July 12, 2022 and ends September 16, 2022. All applicants will be notified of acceptance by September 23, 2022. Please contact Claire Brown with questions.
"Being a student ambassador was the perfect way to get my foot in the door as an aspiring financial advisor because I got to scan in hundreds of people into the sessions and have little conversations with many of them.
I was nervous as NAPFA was my first ever conference, but the other student ambassadors really helped to lift the nerves. I would recommend being a student ambassador to any college student interested in financial planning!"
- Christopher Lee, University of Georgia '22
"The student ambassador experience at Boston was great. It was a delight to listen to some of the best professionals in the industry talking about practical solutions to client problems. The practitioners were easy to interact with and genuinely interested in our career progression. I would recommend this to anyone interested in learning about NAPFA and all it can offer future practitioners."
- Ohireime "OJ" Ojeomogha, Texas Tech University
"I never knew that I would be able to learn so much about anything, let alone my future career, in only 3 days. I heard speakers whose articles we had read in class and speakers who traveled around the world sharing their experiences. But what may have been the most beneficial part of the whole week is the connections that I was able to make with all the planners attending the conference. I met planners from all over the country working with such a broad range of clients. I asked them many questions and gained a much better understanding of the profession. I have already received two interviews through connections I made on the trip and hopefully will secure my first full time job through this!"
- Seth Large, Virginia Tech