NAPFA Student Ambassador Program
NAPFA’s Conference Student Ambassador program was designed to give students from CFP Registered Programs insight into the fee-only financial planning profession. The conference is an opportunity to meet other fee-only financial advisors, hear from expert speakers, and meet other students. As Student Ambassadors, participants will assist NAPFA staff in registration and session management, as well as any other conference activities as necessary.
Student Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Wear professional attire and conduct oneself in a professional manner throughout the conference
- Assist attendees at the registration desk
- Assist in making announcements in the exhibit hall
- Scanning attendees at sessions for CE credit
- Perform other conference activities as necessary
Student Ambassador Benefits:
- Complimentary registration to NAPFA conference
- Hotel room for 3 nights (students will be asked to share with one other student)
- Travel stipend of $300
- Ability to attend educational sessions and networking events
- Networking reception with NAPFA volunteers
- Be a current undergraduate student enrolled in a CFP Board Registered Program
- Complete the Student Ambassador application
- Have the support of your Program Director
- Arrive on May 6th for a mandatory training/orientation session
The application period for the Denver Conference (May 6-9, 2020) opens on January 21, 2020 and ends March 9, 2020. All applicants will be notified of acceptance by March 16, 2020.
Testimonials about the program
As a graduating senior, I had the opportunity to network with individuals from all over the country as well as see all the great presentations. Many things that I saw and heard over those three days will last with me for years into my career. Many of the keynote speakers gave me an insight, though mostly not related to financial planning, that I had never thought of before. On the other hand, many of the session speakers helped teach me aspects of the industry I had never had the opportunity to explore in class. This trip helped me learn so much that I’m very grateful for.
- Jason Thomas, Virginia Tech
I never knew that I would be able to learn so much about anything, let alone my future career, in only 3 days. I heard speakers whose articles we had read in class and speakers who traveled around the world sharing their experiences. But what may have been the most beneficial part of the whole week is the connections that I was able to make with all the planners attending the conference. I met planners from all over the country working with such a broad range of clients. I asked them many questions
and gained a much better understanding of the profession. I have already received two interviews through connections I made on the trip and hopefully will secure my first full time job through this! - Seth Large, Virginia Tech