NAPFA COVID-19 Resources
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, NAPFA remains a partner and resource for the member community. As the COVD-19 pandemic evolves, NAPFA members will need support more than ever - with financial planning issues, disaster response, insurance questions, well-being concerns, client communication, practice management challenges and a variety of other concerns as we venture into uncharted waters.
This page contains resources to assist you with navigating the COVID-19 outbreak. Please keep checking back, as it will be updated regularly.
If you have specific financial planning questions, we encourage you to visit NAPFA Engage’s Open Forum. With access to all 3,800+ NAPFA members, you’ll find a collaborative, knowledgeable community that’s willing to share resources, answer questions, and support fellow fee-only financial planners on a daily basis.
- State Resources- a state-by-state listing of state and territory health departments
- CDC Coronavirus Updates- general updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Financial Planning Updates & Resources
NAPFA Virtual Learning Resources
- Effective Messaging Before, During and After a Crisis
- What Compliance Means for You and Your Firm
- Financial Planning for Clients with Scarcity and Debt
CFP Board Update
- CFP Board Update on COVID-19 - updates on CFP Board's offices, exams, and educational opportunities
CARES Act Updates
- Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans- Small Business Loans and Checklist
Details on Tax Filing Date change to July 15
- New Details From the IRS on July 15 Tax Deadline, Audit Relief, Wall Street Journal
- IRS Filing and Payment Deadlines Questions and Answers
TD Ameritrade Resources
- Business Continuity Portal- During a time when advisors are navigating through a world that is anything but business as usual, TD Ameritrade Institutional would like to lend support advisors during these turbulent times. This resource page has been crafted to host virtual resources focused on what advisors need to know from business continuity planning and managing stress to understanding the virus and its impact.
- SHRM (Society of Human Resources Management) Resources
- COVID-19: Department of Labor Guidance Answers Many Questions About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- COVID 19: Analysis of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- 15 Questions about Remote Work Answered, Harvard Business Review
- Zoom Resources
- The 9 best online collaboration tools for remote workers