2018 NAPFA Fall Conference
Taking place October 15-18 in the City of Brotherly Love, this year’s event will be a blend of NAPFA tradition and financial planning innovation. The location is The Philadelphia 201 Hotel (formerly Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown), right in the middle of old Philadelphia. Close to the Liberty Bell, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Betsy Ross House (birthplace of the American flag), and the Philadelphia Zoo, you won’t have to wander far to get a glimpse of history. At the same time, you’re just a stone’s throw from the city’s evolving craft beer distilleries, Hop Sing Laundromat, a plethora of cheesesteaks, and the “Rocky steps”.
Celebrated speakers from conferences past will be on hand - Jeff Levine and Diane Omdahl, who’ve received kudos from members on their past appearances, as well as soon-to-be favorites like Karla Chin, Dr. John Grable, Joe Messinger and Peter Van Buskirk.
- Dr. LaVaughn Henry, banking and regulatory policy analyst with the FDIC
- Eric Rosenbach, former Army intelligence officer, former chief of staff to the U.S. Secretary of Defense
- Jennifer Golbeck, director of the Human-Computer Interaction Lab at the University of Maryland
- George Kinder, founder of the Kinder Institute of Life Planning
- Health, Wealth and Self, Karen Mercer
Make plans to join us on Monday, October 15 for one of three pre-conferences:
A day-long program on ‘Exquisite Listening’ led by Ted Klontz. Practice your “Exquisite Listening” with other participants in this highly-interactive program.
"How to Create a Successful Client Advisory Board" with Marie Swift and Stephen Wershing. They'll walk you through the process of organizing your client advisory board and give you all the information you need to make your board a successful one.
During "Ethics: A Pragmatic Walk Through the Ethical Looking Glass", Melissa Kemp will prove once again that ethics courses can be fun, lively, entertaining and ultimately exceptionally relevant.
A day-long leadership program, "Leadership Through Fiduciary: Leveraging your Fiduciary/Fee-Only Work Ethic, Culture and Practices to Frame your Value Proposition and Stand Apart" will be hosted by Knut Rostad.
Conference Session Topics:
- Helping your clients find the best college fit for their children
- How women are changing the world of finance
- Are you ready for an SEC exam?
- The science behind happiness, resilience and success
- Changes in the area of college funding advice
- Using insurance in a fee-only practice
- Women, money and divorce
- Data-driven social advertising
- Ten critical IRA errors advisors must avoid
Connect with providers who have tools, technology solutions and resources to help you deliver a more streamlined experience to your clients! Interested in exhibiting? To learn more about how you can align your business with NAPFA financial advisors, contact Ric Haines at 732.920.4236
Dates to Remember
- September 14 - Advanced Registration Deadline
- September 23 - Hotel Group Rate Deadline
By September 14: NAPFA Member = $945 / Non-NAPFA Member = $1,145
After September 14: NAPFA Member = $1,195 / Non-NAPFA Member = $1,395
NAPFA Conference Registration Deals and Promotions!
NAPFA members can save!
- Attending your first NAPFA conference? Save $100 on your already-reduced member registration rate.
- Referring a non-member? Save $100 by referring a non-member who registers for the event.
- Sending multiple attendees? Send three or more employees, and attendees #3 and up each receive a $100 discount.
Non-members can save!
- Attending your first NAPFA conference? Save $100 on the registration fee.
Cancellation and refund requests must be made in writing by September 23rd. A refund of the conference fee, minus a $100 administrative fee, will be given for cancellations received by that date. No refunds will be granted for requests received after September 23, 2018. Submit all requests to Robin Gemeinhardt. NAPFA regrets that refunds will not be given for no-shows.
CFP approval pending for those sessions listed in the program agenda.
National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Sponsor # 104015
Number of sessions qualifying for CPE credit: TBD
Method of presentation: Lecture, panel and open discussion
Level of learning: Overview
Advance preparation: None
Prerequisite knowledge and experience: None
NAPFA is an IRS approved sponsor for Enrolled Agents