Seeking Wealth Advisor to Join Team Environment at Fee-Only, Independent RIA
Halpern Financial, Inc., a fee-only independent RIA firm with offices in Rockville, MD and Ashburn, VA, seeks a wealth advisor to join our collaborative team environment.
The ideal candidate for this position has client-facing experience, and can thrive in our close-knit team of wealth management professionals. A commitment to being a fiduciary, strong investment knowledge, and embracing processes to consistently provide a high standard for client service are a given in this work environment.
• Provide wealth management services under the direction of the Lead Wealth Advisor to high net worth individuals, working collaboratively with the planning consultants, investment team, administrative and communications professionals to create deliverables and anticipate client needs.
• Analyze clients’ financial needs and goals holistically, under the supervision of the Lead Wealth Advisor. Gain a thorough understanding of clients’ financial lives and proactively identify issues or opportunities for clients to achieve their financial goals.
• Follow processes to ensure consistent a high quality of client service. Work collaboratively to ensure action items are completed on a specified time frame for clients.
• Eventual opportunity for client facing interaction, but initial responsibilities include supporting the advisory team, learning and becoming an integral part of our wealth management culture. Ideally this role will grow into developing and closing new business, and building relationships with possible referral sources.
• 5+ years of recent experience working as a wealth management advisor
• Ability to seek and close business
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
• Advanced professional industry designation(s): Certified Financial Planner or Chartered Financial Analyst preferred.
• Experience developing and/or presenting financial plans and advanced understanding of personal financial planning concepts
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new technology and procedures
• Team player. At Halpern Financial we strongly believe clients benefit from our team approach and the sum of our talents.
• Integrity and professionalism. The candidate must be able to deal with confidential information and use good judgement and tact when dealing with clients and team members.
• Problem solver with the ability to anticipate potential client issues
• Superior communication skills, including the ability to discuss investment performance, economic and market events
• Time management and organizational skills.
• Experience networking and prospecting.
About Halpern Financial: www.HalpernFinancial.com
At Halpern Financial, we have provided fee-only holistic wealth management services for more than twenty years. We pride ourselves on having the technological capabilities of a large firm with the collaborative approach of a small team.
As a fee-only independent RIA, we embrace our role as true fiduciaries providing unbiased, objective investment advice and transparency in fees and all other client interactions. Our institutional platform provides the benefit of trading efficiencies and lower costs to our clients, and our asset allocation is based on proven strategies to mitigate risk and be cost- and tax-efficient at every level. Not only do we provide portfolio management and personal finance consulting and projections, we work together with other members of our clients’ professional team (estate planner, insurance agent, etc.) to ensure all aspects of the financial plan work in tandem.
Our team utilizes state-of-the-art technology, including integrated portfolio management and CRM with advanced reporting capabilities. We communicate the value of our approach with in-house marketing staff, who provides custom client deliverables and internal documents, as well as press opportunities and blogging/social media capacity for our team.
If you feel you could be a fit for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to LJames@HalpernFinancial.com. We will contact qualified applicants to schedule an interview.