What we are offering:
We are a + $4 billion AUM fee-only wealth management firm located in New York City. We were founded in 1995 and offer objective and comprehensive advice to individuals, helping our clients define and achieve their financial goals.
To help support our continued growth, we are seeking an Advisor Associate to join our team. We are interested in you if you have a basic understanding of financial concepts, seek to impact clients' lives immediately as part of the existing advisory team, desire to be mentored by several Senior Advisors, and learn the business from the ground up. This is a challenging position that requires you to work closely with the firm’s Senior Advisors and other Associates to provide day to day financial planning support to clients and prospects.
What you will get to do:
- Work with the team to develop meeting agendas and prepare for client meetings.
- Prepare for initial prospect meetings.
- Attend various client and prospect meetings; take notes, operate software programs, and develop list of action items.
- Implement and proactively follow up on action items resulting from meetings.
- Coordinate client situation with client's strategic alliances and manage overall implementation work flow.
- Master our Microsoft Dynamics CRM software and own any projects associated with it.
- Prepare analyses and develop plans in MoneyGuidePro software and present findings and recommendations to the firm's Senior Advisors.
- Assist with client appreciation and/or client prospecting events.
- Substantially impact our growing firm by protecting and caring for the financial lives of the clients we serve.
What we seek in a candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited educational institution.
- Passed CFP® exam.
- Demonstrate above-average oral and written communication skills.
- Live for the details, but understand that you will have to make assumptions at various times and must move on to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate superior organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously and to prioritize those functions to meet the clients’ needs.
- Possess a 'no job is beneath me attitude'
- Demonstrate problem solving skills. Loathe rote memorization, regurgitation, and being spoon fed.
- Competitive salary and incentive bonus plan.
- 401k plan.
- Medical, Dental, ST and LT disability benefits.
- Company Paid Holidays.
- Paid training and professional memberships.
- Personal mentorship by Senior Advisors and Advisor Associates.