Senior Financial Planner
The Senior Financial Planner serves as the primary point of contact for clients of Compass Rose Financial Planning. The Senior Financial Planner is responsible for the service and advice given to clients for whom he/she is responsible and also supports the Owner/Executive Financial Planner as appropriate. Senior Financial Planner will participate in the Succession Planning process.
· Performing analysis and delivering advice in the areas of Investing, Income tax, Estate Planning, Employee Benefits, Retirement Planning and Insurance;
· Utilizing Financial Planning (MoneyGuidePro), Billing (QuickBooks), CRM (Redtail) software programs;
· Preparing for, conducting, and following up on client meetings;
· Corresponding with clients over phone, email, letter, and virtual meeting software;
· Delivering outstanding, anticipatory service;
· Conducting educational presentations for retirement plan participants;
· Developing new client relationships.
· Assisting the Executive Financial Planner with business operations and compliance.
An ideal candidate will possess:
· Willingness to Re-Locate to the Palm Springs/Coachella Valley, CA area.
· Entrepreneurial aspirations of owning their own practice in the next 10 to 15 years.
· A commitment to the profession of Fee-Only personal financial planning;
· Long-time member of NAPFA.
· A Bachelor’s degree and preferably a degree/certificate from a CFP® Board Registered Financial Planning program;
· A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification;
· A minimum of seven years of experience in the personal finance industry, five years of which must include working directly with clients;
· Demonstrated success building relationships with prospective clients;
· Advanced knowledge of financial planning and investment concepts;
· A passion for helping people through the financial planning process;
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, possessing both confidence and emotional intelligence;
· Robust analytical skills, both in identifying problem issues and in evaluating solutions;
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
· A genuine, self-assured personal interactive manner that elicits sharing and trust;
· A confident, can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
· Competence with the following software:
Financial Planning – MoneyGuidePro
CRM – Redtail Technology & Zimbra/webmail email
File Storage/Retrieval - NetDocuments
Custodian – TD Ameritrade Veo
Microsoft Office – Excel and WORD
About Compass Rose Financial Planning:
We are a Fee-Only, independent Financial Planning & Investment Management firm overseeing $85 million in investments and providing comprehensive financial planning and investment management for our clients, with specific expertise in serving our LGBT community in the Palm Springs, CA area. Our firm’s Owner and founder, Bob Machado, has been a member of NAPFA since 2006, has served as the NAPFA West Region Treasurer for the past two years and was the Study Group Leader for the NAPFA San Diego Study Group for three years. Compass Rose Financial Planning was also featured, in the “Practice Profile”, of the February 2017, NAPFA Advisor magazine.
Our firm is located in the beautiful Desert Community of Palm Springs, CA. Whether it is hiking, surfing, wine tasting, mountain biking, or just general well-being you are after, Palm Springs offers opportunities with small town charm and community. With incredible local hiking trails, numerous fine dining venues, only a two hour drive to both Los Angeles and Big Bear Lake and Ski area, and three hours to San Diego, Palm Springs is great home base for weekend excursions.
Salary and Benefits are competitive and based on industry standards and qualifications.
Bob Machado, CFP, MBA, MSFP
Owner / Financial Planner
Compass Rose Financial Planning
333 North Palm Canyon Drive, STE 112-A
Palm Springs, CA 92262