Associate Financial Advisor
ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL ADVISOR
We are a 20-year old boutique investment management and financial planning firm that delivers premium level servicing to a group of high net worth clients. As a fiduciary fee-only firm we provide unbiased comprehensive financial advice across all disciplines of personal financial management with a significant focus on tax efficiency and tax planning. We offer a professional culture with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Chicago.
We seek a career-oriented individual that enjoys the challenges of solving financial problems on behalf of our clients. The candidate will split time between supporting the firm’s Principal and two Financial Advisors and servicing a group of their own clients. The ideal candidate desires to grow into a position in which 100% of their time will be spent directly working with clients.
Responsibilities will include:
• Researching and data gathering to develop customized financial plans.
• Developing client presentations and reports, while utilizing various software products to analyze information.
• Executing meeting follow-up work and client communications.
• Communicating with assigned clients and, as necessary, supporting Financial Advisors by answering client questions via phone, email or in-person to assist with the implementation of their financial plans.
• Working independently and prioritizing work load. Leading and developing other staff members. Coordinating workflow and delegating appropriately.
• Working with the firm’s Chief Compliance Officer to coordinate, monitor, assist with, and provide input on compliance activities.
• Overseeing and coordinating the quarterly billing process, including ensuring timely and accurate receipt of funds.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• High level detail orientation and accuracy
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to relate and communicate well verbally and in writing
• Above average aptitude for quantitative and financial matters
• Maintain confidentiality externally and internally
• Strong knowledge of Excel is a must. Experience with Word, Portfolio Center, Junxure, Worldox, Lacerte, and MoneyGuidePro is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation strongly preferred
• Financial planning, investment management or related financial services experience
• Tax experience and/or CPA/PFS/EA a plus
• Understanding of operational processes and procedures