The Family Firm was started in 1984 by Mary Malgoire to provide a service that she could not find for her own parents: objective financial advice.
Over 30 years later The Family Firm continues to be an innovative financial advisory firm dedicated to doing what is best for our clients.
The Family Firm (TFF) is looking for paraplanners who are interested in learning fee only financial planning from the ground up. We are growing and want to grow and develop new teammates with us.
To be successful at TFF, our team members must be highly motivated, detail oriented, have a passion for financial planning and client service, be dedicated to growth and open to change, be able to prioritize multiple projects, enjoy working and communicating as a member of a team.
Paraplanner responsibilities include:
- Gathering, organizing, and entering client materials into multiple software programs
- Assisting with needed paperwork/forms/etc.
- Researching ad hoc topics
- Batch processing client wide activities – RMDs, tax letter, etc.
- Contributing as a team player –be proactive and take initiative
Candidates with the following attributes will be considered:
- Completion of the CFP® course work
- A bachelor's degree
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong experience with Excel, Outlook, and ability to learn new software easily
- An open mind to learning and ability to share from your own unique view point
- A spirit of client service
- Passing the CFP® exam already is a plus, but not required
Career changers are welcome.
The Family Firm, Inc. www.familyfirm.com
We build personal relationships with our clients and assist them in making smart decisions about their lives.
We are looking for colleagues who have a passion for financial planning and
truly helping families improve their lives. We have a number of Certified Financial Planner ™ practitioners on staff. We believe in the professional development of our staff and have designed a formalized career path for the successful candidate to follow.
- Based on experience
- 401(k) with 3% employer contribution and option for additional profit sharing
- Incentive compensation program
- Annual allowance for continuing education including financial support and time off for the CFP exam
- Generous health insurance package
- Friendly, collegial work environment
- Flexible schedule options available
- Ad hoc telecommuting available after working in the office for a period of time