Financial Planning Students Competition
The NAPFA West Region is hosting an exciting competition for financial planning students.
Please Participate in and/or Share this Opportunity with Students you know!
The NAPFA West Region Board is excited to announce the launch of a financial planning competition designed to help you hone your financial planning skills and connect with experienced practitioners.
The competition is open to all students within the NAPFA West Region who are either:
- Currently enrolled in a CFP Board-recognized program, including those pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees or a program certificate, or
- A program graduate currently studying to sit for the CFP® exam.
This financial planning competition will be a unique opportunity to showcase your skills, knowledge, and creativity. Teams of up to three members will be provided a case study and will submit their planning recommendations via a video or audio recording. Our judges will evaluate the recorded presentation based on:
- Demonstration of CFP Board’s eight principal knowledge domains
- Mastery of advanced planning techniques
- Creativity in identifying unique solutions
The West Region Board is pleased to offer an exciting prize:
A total award of $4,000 to be shared equally among the winning team’s members.
The award may be used to cover:
- CFP Board program expenses such as tuition and books and/or
- CFP® exam registration and study materials
In addition to the prize, you will have the chance to connect with highly experienced planners and mentors who may serve as a resource for advancing your career in financial planning.
To participate in the competition, submit the interest form by March 30, 2023.
Additional important dates are as follows:
- Case study sent to entrants - March 30, 2023
- Deadline to submit the team’s virtual presentation - April 21, 2023
- Judges review submissions - mid-May 2023
- Winners announced - end of May 2023
We hope you will take advantage of this special opportunity to develop your financial planning acumen and connect with experienced planners. Or, if you know a student who may be interested in the competition, please share this opportunity with them. If you have any questions about the competition, please contact Andy Mardock.
We look forward to the competition!