Critical Planning Strategies for Families with Special Needs 2021
What's So Special about Special Needs Planning?
If a client doesn't seem to be listening to your explanation of rates of return, maybe there is something else on their mind?
Covered in this session will be government benefits, special needs trusts, ABLE accounts, implications of divorce planning, and how couples look at social security for themselves differently. New this year is how did the SECURE ACT change how we look at estate planning for these families.
The emotional needs of the planning and how to help the family take action is critical to their peace their peace of mind, even when planning isn't their number one priority.
- Recognize differences in types of disabilities and how it impacts planning.
- Know the Government Benefits and the basic rules.
- Understand Special Needs Trusts versus the ABLE Account.
- Learn implications of special needs in divorce.
- Grasp life Planning and how it impacts Retirement Planning.
- Realize how Social Security decisions are impacted.
- Identify the needs and fears families face on a regular basis.
- Discover the emotional rewards to the planner in working with these families.