2020 West Region Symposium
Join us in Santa Monica, California on Thursday, February 6th for a full day of sessions and networking with peers.
DATE: Wednesday, February 5
TIME: 6:00 - 9:00 PM
LOCATION: Jimmy’s Famous American Tavern, 1733 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401
DETAILS: Happy Hour - Food will be provided and there will be a cash bar.
The restaurant offers validated parking below the restaurant. Enter at the driveway on the south side of the building.
DATE: Thursday, February 6
TIME: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
LOCATION: Dimensional Fund Advisors, 1299 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90401
COST: Early Bird Member: $100 / Non-Member: $125
After Early Bird: Member: $125 / Non-Member: $150
Early Bird deadline is Monday, January 6, 2020
Student: $50 with promo code (Contact Claire Brown to request)
Full refunds will be given for cancellations made by January 23, 2020, after January 23, no refunds will be given.
Symposium registration deadline is February 4, 2020. No on-site registration will be available.
CE CREDITS: 6.5 CFP® and NAPFA CEs
- Pragmatic Walk Through the Ethical Looking Glass (CFP Ethics) – Melissa Kemp (counts for 2 hours Ethics Training)
- Become a Superhuman Financial Planner: Strengthen Your ESP (Extra-Sensory Perception) by Taking a Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Financial Planning – Amy Mullen, Money Quotient
- Certified B Corporation: The benefits of balancing purpose and profit – J.D. Bruce, CPA/PFS, President of Abacus Wealth Partners and Chuck White, SVP at Beneficial State Bank
- Demystifying Cybersecurity: Best Practices to Help Strengthen Your Firm – Chris Candela, Schwab
- Equity Portfolio Management: The Sustainability Opportunity – Patrick Brown, CFA, Dimensional Fund Advisors
A block of rooms has been reserved at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Monica for $239/night. The group rate will expire on January 12, 2020 or once the room block is sold out, whichever comes first.
Please contact the hotel directly at 1-800-222-8733 with questions.
Parking at Dimensional Fund Advisors
If you are driving to the Symposium the day of and plan to park at Dimensional Fund Advisors, please use the parking lot address below for paid parking on site.
Daily Maximum Rate: $20