2019 Consumer Representative Search is Now Open
NAPFA is in search of high-energy, passionate professionals interested in serving as the Consumer Representative on the NAPFA Board of Directors.
The Consumer Representative must be passionate about NAPFA’s mission and have a track record of serving the public interest. He or she will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, academia or the nonprofit sector.
Ideal candidates for the position will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant accomplishments in business, government, academia or the nonprofit sector;
- A commitment to and understanding of NAPFA’s stakeholders, preferably based on experience in issues related to consumer protection, financial planning, coaching, education or literacy;
- A natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of NAPFA’s stakeholders and the public; and
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively with fellow Board members, NAPFA staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
NAPFA, like many other non-profit associations, is only as strong as its volunteer leaders and the consumer representative is an important voice on the Board. The Board of Directors governs the association and sets its strategic direction. They monitor the organization’s finances and formulate the vision for its future.
Bringing your skills, expertise and vision to NAPFA can have far-reaching benefits for you, the organization and the profession. The experience of collaborating with others who share your passion is invaluable.
If you’re interested in being considered for this role, please complete the Consumer Representative Interest Form by June 30, 2019.