The Associate Advisor is a mid-level advisory and client relationship management position that provides technical support to the Senior Advisors at FAI Wealth Management. Overall responsibilities include gathering and organizing client data, review and synthetization of client information, development of financial planning analyses and presentations, implementation of planning recommendations, review of client portfolios, and providing essential coordination between various members of the advisory team to effect a seamless client experience.
This position is for an individual seeking to advance into a senior client position within 2-4 years. The Associate Advisor is a support role with extensive mentoring from Senior Advisors. This position has limited decision-making authority on client matters but will include participation in client meetings and provide exposure to all areas of financial planning, asset management, and client relationship management. The Associate Advisor will be provided with a wide variety of opportunities to learn and grow their skill set and will earn more client responsibility with experience and tenure.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Senior Advisors with preparation for client meetings, including collecting, organizing and synthesizing client data within a financial planning context.
• Develop and prepare client financial plans and presentations for review by Senior Advisors, with directed opportunities to present during client meetings.
• Conduct annual internal reviews of client files to ensure data accuracy, review outstanding client actions, and follow-up as needed.
• Providing essential coordination between various members of the advisory team to effect a seamless client experience.
• Assist Senior Advisors with follow-up tasks from client meetings, including but not limited to recording meeting notes, completing additional planning or investment management tasks, and / or coordinating work to other team members.
• Assist Senior Advisor with client service responsibilities, including but not limited to regular client contact and communications, conducting account reviews, and addressing client-related communications.
• Assist Senior Advisors with client asset management needs, including but not limited to review of client portfolios, coordination of client withdrawal needs, tax strategies for assets under management, portfolio rebalancing, and assisting with the implementation of new client’s portfolios.
• Meet regularly with FAI advisory staff and investment committee to discuss current client issues and other planning or investment issues.
• Conduct research on financial planning topics and issues as needed.
• Assist with various other aspects of the business as needed or appropriate.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Excellent written, oral communication, and active listening skills
• Client first attitude, professional demeanor, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility
• Interest and ability to develop long-term client relationships
• Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
• Ability to manage and prioritize competing or conflicting priorities
• Self-motivated, confident, detail-oriented, and analytical
• Desire to listen and learn from all staff members and clients
• Desire to help improve the financial lives of client population
• Willingness to take on additional operational responsibilities as needed
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (required)
• CFP or demonstrated desire or progress toward earning CFP® certification
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with developing business metrics preferred but not required
• Experience with financial planning software and client relations management (CRM) software
• Experience with portfolio management software highly desired but not required
• Experience with account set-up, transfers, and money links helpful
Salary and Benefits
• Pay/ benefits are competitive based on industry standards
• Bonus eligible
• Benefits including 401(k) / profit sharing plan, health insurance, paid holidays and vacation
• Partial and / or full financial support for professional accreditation / continuing education requirements and other education / training opportunities, if applicable. Support amount will be determined by management annually.
About FAI Wealth Management
About FAI Wealth Management, Inc.: Located in Columbia, Maryland, FAI focuses on helping clients create the financial future they desire by protecting their wealth, making the most of their assets, and planning for life's uncertainties. The firm combines fee-only, fiduciary-driven guidance with highly personalized, consultative financial planning and investment services that enable individuals, families, and businesses to navigate complex life transitions. Founded in 1987, FAI currently manages more than $330 million in client assets nationwide. For more information about FAI Wealth Management, please visit the website at http://www.faiwealth.com or call 410.715.9200.