Associate Financial Planner
At APCM Wealth Managment for Individuals (AWMI), we are a team of smart, driven and capable professionals who enjoy autonomy and flexibility due to the respect and trust we have for each other. Together we define team goals, and the tasks to achieve them, with energy and passion. Individuals’ strengths and interests are fostered through continual professional development and mentoring. We are looking for a dedicated professional who values the trust instilled in us by our clients and thrives in a team environment.
Title: Associate Financial Planner
Requirements: College graduate with 0 to 5 years of experience. Must be working towards CFP® Designation, support and bonus opportunities included.
Continuing Education, networking and community involvement is encouraged and supported.
Salary: based on experience, non-commission, eligible for annual bonus pool after one year.
Benefits: Negotiable for Health, Long-Term Disability coverage provided. Generous 401k with up to a 15% employer contribution.
The Associate Financial Planner is an entry-level client relationship management position that provides technical support for the firm’s Directors and Financial Advisors. Responsibilities include all steps of the financial planning process as defined by the CFP Board, including data gathering and analysis, development of financial planning recommendations, implementation, portfolio coordination, and client communications. The position will participate in client meetings, not in an advice or decision-making capacity, initially.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for growth in the financial planning profession. The firm strives to offer a rewarding career path, while providing valuable experience in the areas of financial planning in a boutique professional team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Financial Planner can expect to focus in the following areas:
- Gather client information for preparation of financial plans and strategies
- Coordinate with the clients’ attorneys and CPAs, if needed to obtain information necessary to develop and complete the financial plan
- Comprehensive financial planning, including coordination of asset management, estate planning and risk management
- Develop the financial plan with alternatives and recommendations, and frame the plan for presentation/delivery to the client
- Attend client meetings, assist in presenting financial plans and recommendations
- Client service including prepare for client review meetings, financial plan updates, portfolio reviews, gather client data/information, and implement recommendations
- Assist with client asset management, including coordination of complete financial planning and wealth management integration
- Client relationship management, including ongoing and regular client contact and communications. Interacting with clients in person and over the phone and email
- Organize client financial information and electronic case files, preparing reports, letters, and other correspondence, and completing special projects as appropriate
- Work with MoneyGuide Pro FP and Salentica CRM. Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Participate in team meetings, with research and assignments
- Special projects as appropriate
This position is expected to develop into a future role as an Financial Advisor. Mentoring will be provided to promote skills for excelling at your position, contributing to the business beyond standard job functions and developing into the Financial Advisor role of delivering financial planning advice directly and managing on-going client relationships independently.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
APCM Wealth Management for Individuals is an Equal Opportunity Employer