Senior Financial Advisor
Successful independent office with professionals affiliated with Raymond James Financial Services, Inc. seeks highly motivated Financial Advisor in our Ann Arbor office. Candidate should have a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in financial planning and / or investments. Candidates with 10+ years of professional business experience who are seeking a new profession in financial services will also be considered. CFP certification or candidacy strongly preferred. This position offers significant opportunities for growth and equity ownership for the right candidate.
Our advisors have been serving this area and market niche for over 20 years and we are developing a succession plan to ensure that we’ll be here 50 years from now. This is a special opportunity:
- Short track to ownership
- Great college community, short commutes, reasonable housing costs
- Wealthy clientele with complex planning needs
- Assist us in transitioning to fee only
- 4 weeks’ vacation to start
Our office serves 200 client relationships throughout the US, offering comprehensive financial planning and investing, and managing in excess of $300 million dollars.
We serve our clients for their lifetime by building close long-term relationships. We achieve this with the support of our two client service representatives focused on meeting the daily needs of our clients.
The key traits desired are the ability to proactively serve our clients, provide financial planning and asset management services with the core objective of helping clients understand and meet their financial goals.
Our office is close-knit and supportive giving a person the chance to work alongside people who are passionate about serving our clients and our community. We have active memberships on a number of boards by our principal and staff.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys working hard while maintaining a balanced lifestyle.
- Prepare financial planning materials for principal’s client meetings
- Conduct financial planning meetings with firm’s clients that you serve
- Follow up on technical / investment items from client meetings
- Create financial plans and proposals for new clients
- Manage client accounts, research and analyze investment opportunities, as well as make investment decisions.
- Help make individual stock and bond investment decisions. We continually evaluate existing investments as well as look for new opportunities.
- Monitor and rebalance discretionary mutual fund and stock portfolios
Business Development / Practice Management
- Help grow the business by giving seminars, being active in the community, joining groups, serving on boards, etc.
- Help move the business forward by improving our processes to better standardize what we do to improve efficiency and quality of service.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Enjoy meeting with and advising clients on financial and family matters
· Experience in various investments, securities and financial planning
· Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Proficient in building spreadsheets and doing analytical work
· Strategic thinker, proactive, self starter
· Exceptional organizational and time management skills
· Ability to manage self and priorities, define own role and seek out additional responsibilities with minimal guidance
We are a growing firm that is excited about adding the right member to our team. You will play a vital role in our firm's ongoing growth and development. Qualified candidate need not be a rainmaker developing new business but could be looking primarily to serve existing clients and assist with business management. However we also welcome candidates who are more oriented to helping us grow the business. Competitive total compensation (salary plus bonus) based on experience and skills. Benefits include retirement plan with company match, four weeks of vacation, industry holidays, disability insurance, and health insurance.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Learn more about us at http://www.raymondjames.com/douglasgross/