We can make a dfference, one hour at a time.
NAPFA members have the financial expertise and planning tools that can educate people, help them solve problems and create a financial plan that allows them to achieve their life’s goals.
Imagine if each NAPFA member volunteered even one hour each year providing pro-bono financial services to those in need. At 3,000+ members strong, our network of Fee-Only fiduciary advisors would make a meaningful impact on the communities we serve:
- 1 hour per year per member = 3,000 hours of pro-bono service
- 1 hour per quarter per member = 12,000 hours of pro-bono service
- 1 hour per month per member = 432,000 hours of pro-bono service
NCEF is fulfilling its mission by guiding pro-bono planners to the mission partners below:
Building Homes for Heroes
- NAPFA volunteer provides one-on-one counsel to disabled veterans who are new homeowners and need to plan to ensure a successful future
- Meets monthly or bi-monthly for two years
- E-mail Rob Harkey to get connected with a veteran in need
Money Smart Week
NAPFA volunteer presents on a variety of topics to help consumers better manage their personal finances during Federal Reserve’s Money Smart Week
- Use your own presentations and resources or access NCEF’s Library
- Meets in-person to present topic of member’s choice at location of member’s choice
- E-mail Rob Harkey to share your plans to present
Additional Organizations Seeking Advisors’ Support
If you prefer not to commit to a specific program or for an extended period of time, one-off opportunities may be right for you. Email Rob Harkey, Foundation Program Coordinator, or call 847-483-5400 x 106 for details or contact the organization below directly.
The Rewards of Giving via NCEF
NAPFA members’ commitment to Fee-Only services reveals a desire to act in the interest of others – an orientation they also express through charitable giving to NCEF. Make a meaningful impact by supporting the Foundation today. All contributions to the NCEF are tax-deductible and are spent on the operations and programming of the organization. We utilize these funds to make a life-changing difference for those seeking a more secure future.
By making a monetary contribution to support NCEF, you can:
- Take enterprising action on a cause whose urgency you experience every day
- Ensure that NAPFA’s client-focused, fee-only values are strongly represented in the industry’s consumer outreach efforts
- Collaborate with NAPFA peers to make a difference
- “Pay forward” your gratitude for NAPFA and for your rewarding career in financial planning