NAPFA Women’s Initiative Mentoring Program
The goal of the Women's Initiative Mentoring Program is to provide women in NAPFA a structured opportunity to advance in their careers with the help of a mentor/mentee relationship.
The mentoring program will focus on pairing female advisors with female NAPFA members who may have had similar career-based experiences. The program will take place from May-October each year and will kick-off at the NAPFA Spring 2022 National conference. It is not required to attend the in-person conference.
Program interactions include:
- A virtual kick-off to welcome mentors and mentees including personal introductions, icebreakers, a review of the program structure, and networking.
- An in-person meetup at the NAPFA Spring 2022 National Conference
- Monthly conversation topic suggestions and reminders to meet from the Women’s Initiative Mentoring Committee
- A wrap-up meeting including feedback from participants on participation, satisfaction with the program, and recommendations for improvement.
The deadline to apply for this inaugural program is March 31, 2022.
Mentor & Mentee Selection
Mentors and mentees will be selected by the Women's Initiative Mentoring Committee.
Examples of mentors include:
- A NAPFA WI member
- A previous participant in a NAPFA WI conversation circle
- An active NAPFA WI Facebook group member
- A NAPFA WI conference networking event
- Others as determined at the discretion of the Mentoring Committee
Examples of mentees include:
- Career Changers
- Young Super Stars
- Solo Business Owners
- Large Firm Employee Advisors