NAPFA has partnered with the Medicare Rights Center, the country’s largest independent source of Medicare information and advice, to offer Medicare Interactive Pro (MI Pro). If you want to learn more about Medicare to better serve clients and need a reliable and convenient educational resource- Medicare Interactive Pro (MI Pro) is for you.
The intuitive and portable MI Pro online curriculum will enable you to get the Medicare knowledge you need to protect your clients’ income, assets and long-term financial stability.
- Offers both an introductory Medicare overview course for financial planners and a Medicare intensive program for advisors who want to take a deeper dive into the nuances of the federal health program for Americans 65 and older.
- Includes 17 on-demand course sections. There are five options for studying Medicare and earning NAPFA & CFP® continuing education hours.
- All courses are self-study for convenient learning anytime, anywhere.
- Medicare Intensive (Includes all 4 MI Pro Levels below)
- Individual MI Pro levels – take one or more for a customized experience
- Medicare Basics - Serves as a gateway to understanding Medicare. Advisors will learn common insurance and health care terms, gain an understanding of Medicare eligibility requirements, and receive a broad overview of the fundamental components of Medicare
- Medicare Options - Expands on baseline Medicare knowledge and elaborates on specific coverage rules for Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D. Advisors will secure a better understanding of Medicare enrollment periods and Medicare coverage rules and learn important differences between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans.
- Appeals and Penalties - Offers advisors more familiar with Medicare the information and skills needed to understand how Medicare beneficiaries appeal denials of coverage and navigate issues related to Medicare premium penalties. Advisors will learn more about the different types of Medicare appeals and the steps necessary for their clients to successfully navigate the appeals process.
- Other Insurance and Assistance Programs - Provides advisors with in-depth information on how Medicare works with other types of insurances, and how to navigate enrollment into low-income assistance programs. Advisors will learn about Medicare coordination of benefits and how Medicare beneficiaries and their families can be screened for assistance programs.
Be an MI Pro!
NAPFA continues to champion consumer protection and financial services delivered in the public interest. With 10,000 baby boomers turning 65 every day, learning how to help clients better navigate the Medicare system is vital to both retirees and the financial advisors who serve them.
Find out everything you need to know about your NAPFA CEs here.