The NAPFA AARP BankSafe Program
As the premier community of Fee-Only financial planning professionals, NAPFA continues to be champions for consumer protection and financial services delivered in the public interest.
Now, NAPFA is proud to announce it is working with AARP as a founding distributor of its BankSafe training program. This program offers a free, online training platform developed in collaboration with over 2,000 industry professionals to help financial advisors identify and stop suspected financial exploitation of older clients. The training has already protected 11 million consumers and stopped more than $23 million from exploitation.
Did you know the average victim losses are $120,000 a year and the financial industry loses $1 billion a year?
AARP BankSafe Can Help
- Learn about financial exploitation and its impact on both older Americans and your business.
- Identify red flags for financial exploitation.
- Develop skills to ask the right questions and take the right actions to identify and stop financial exploitation.
- Understand state-specific reporting requirements, and available community resources.
- Enrich consumer knowledge that enhances client relationships.
- Build confidence in taking the right actions.
- Receive a certification seal, good for one year, recognizing your commitment to fighting exploitation.
Firms that train at least 80% of their financial advisors on the program and confirm that they have a financial exploitation escalation or reporting policy can apply to use the “AARP BankSafe Trained” seal in certain context.
- Videos and activities that help build behavioral empathy
- Five modules with bite-sized exercises that teach how to spot exploitation and stop it
- Interactive scenarios, games and quizzes that put your skills and knowledge to the test
- Monitor progress with reporting features
- Self-paced activities that fit busy schedules
- State-specific reporting requirements and resources including tip sheets
Join in the fight against financial exploitation by taking this interactive, 60-minute training. You can complete the training in one sitting or at your own pace. Participating is free and easy!
Learn more about the BankSafe training program and how to register here.