Jump-start your career as a Fee-Only comprehensive financial advisor by becoming a Student Affiliate of NAPFA. It’s the fastest way to become immersed in the issues facing Fee-Only advisors. Student Affiliates may hold this status for up to five years.
- NAPFA Engage: Network with other members using the online member directory; use the discussion forum to post questions, receive answers and stay on top of the issues facing fee-only professionals
- Mentor Engage: Search for people whose experience and expertise match areas in which you’d like to be mentored. Likewise, mentors can search for and connect with mentees.
- NAPFA Events: Register at a reduced rate for in-person conferences to network with NAPFA members and to learn about hot topics impacting the fee-only world
- NAPFA Advisor magazine: Read articles about practical observations, real estate, practice profiles, tax updates and more
- What’s New at NAPFA: Receive monthly updates and resources via NAPFA’s e-newsletter
- NAPFA Member Discount Programs: Get discounts on products and services appropriate for a Fee-Only Advisor
Applicant must be pursuing a degree or designation that will lead to a career in financial planning. You do not need to be enrolled full-time to be eligible.
Annual Dues: $150 for part-time students or $35 for full-time students.
To apply for membership:
Your first step towards becoming a NAPFA member is to become a registered user of the NAPFA website (create an account here). Once you have a NAPFA username and password, you can log into the site and begin the application.
Questions about NAPFA membership or the application process? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.