Benefits available for Student Affiliates
Jump-start your career as a Fee-Only comprehensive financial advisor by becoming a Student Affiliate of NAPFA. It’s the fastest way to become immersed in the issues facing Fee-Only advisors.
- Discounts on products and services appropriate for a Fee-Only advisor
- A subscription to the NAPFA Advisor and What's New at NAPFA
- Use of the Fee-Only logo to show you're an advisor who doesn't accept commissions
- Access to the web-based NAPFA Community, including our popular Discussion Forum where you can post questions, receive answers and stay on top of the issues facing fellow professionals
- Support via the web-based NAPFA Library Room with hundreds of articles, templates and forms
- Reduced registration fees for NAPFA's acclaimed conferences - recently named number one in satisfaction among Fee-Only advisors and Cutting Edge Webinars
- Educational sessions via teleconferences and webinars
- The Online Membership Directory makes it easy to contact other members from around the country
- The opportunity to network with like-minded professionals
Eligibility Standards for Student Affiliates
This status is available to individuals in pursuit of a degree or designation that will lead to a career in financial planning. You do not need to be enrolled full-time to be eligible for Student Affiliate status.
Part-time students may be employed by a Fee-Only financial planning firm, but may not work for a commission-earning firm.
Full-time students may be exempt from the above requirement if paid or unpaid employment by a commission-earning firm is in connection with a school related internship program. Exemptions require prior approval by NAPFA’s Membership Manager.
Student Affiliates may hold this status for a maximum of five years. Student Affiliates must agree that they will not imply NAPFA membership in any manner.
Dues: $150 for part-time students or $35 for full-time students.